Today has been one of those days where you think that at any minute you’re going to wake up and the nightmare will be over. Instead of going home tomorrow, we will be here several more days. Waiting. Just waiting for the blockage to clear. They say the test from yesterday showed a partial bowel obstruction near where his spleen used to be. Then he got sick again today, throwing up, nausea and intense stomach pains. No more liquids or anything by mouth again. Might put the NG tube back in his nose tomorrow. I just can’t believe how things are turning in the wrong direction now. They’re saying it’s just going to take time to clear the blockage… or they will have to do it surgically. We’re not doing anymore surgeries, ESPECIALLY this one. Doing a surgery to fix adhesions, that are caused by surgeries, will only cause more adhesions. He’ll end up in a viscious cycle. No way!
So then(!) they did another random Xray tonight, after the vomit episodes, and found nothing. No blockage, all clear. What the fuck!? Ok, then let’s work to find an explanation for what’s going on. He is seeing a Gastroenterologist tomorrow. Maybe this guy will have some insight. We wanted to see him tonight, but “it’s 4:00pm on a Saturday night, and doctors need their time off too.” Yes, one of the doctors actually said that to me while Nick was throwing up.
We are both in a flurry of bummed out, fired up, fed up, exhausted confusion. I was actually finding peace in our new journey until they pulled this Xray bullshit tonight. Now my heart just hurts. Who and what should we trust? Should we transfer to another hospital or just calm down? Then when we found a completely new problem with Nick tonight, and the nurses refused to call the doctors because they want to monitor it through the night, I just became pissed. Tomorrow had better bring some clarity to Nicks condition or I’m going Postal on this place.